Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif suspended from PSL 2017 for spot-fixing
DUBAI - The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has provisionally suspended Islamabad United players Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif for their alleged involvement in spot-fixing in the ongoing second edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2017 in Dubai.
Islamabad, the defending champions, took a winning start on the opening day of the tournament on Thursday by beating Peshawar Zalmi by seven wickets. Opening the innings, Sharjeel made one run off four balls while Khalid Latif was not a part of the playing XI.
"Sharjeel and Latif have been suspended and the rigorous and wide-ranging investigation by the PCB supported by the International Cricket Council will continue as part of collective efforts to protect the integrity of the sport," the PCP said in a statement.
PSL Chairman Najam Sethi said, “It would be inappropriate to comment on the the case. However, this investigation is a clear demonstration of our determination to eliminate corruption from our sport. We will not tolerate any king of corruption and as this investigation proceeds we will take further appropriate decisive action without hesitation.
- Three Pakistani soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020