Dubai returns fugitive ex-ETPB chief Asif Hashmi to Pakistan
DUBAI - Former chairperson of Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB), Asif Hashmi is expected to return to Pakistan to face charges of embezzlement in the Supreme Court after remaining in custody of the Dubai authorities since 2016.
He will reach the country tonight.
Reports in Pakistani media suggest the Consulate General of Pakistan in Dubai prepared Hashmi’s required documents so that he could fly to Pakistan as a case against him is under way in the Supreme Court.
A three-member bench of the Supreme Court is dealing with the case against Hashmi, who has been accused of embezzling around Rs1.5 billion in an ETPB deal.
Dubai police arrest PPP's Asif Hashmi for ... 05:30 PM | 5 Apr, 2016
DUBAI (Web Desk) - Police have arrested Pakistan People’s Party leader Asif Hashmi for corruption of more than Rs 4 ...
Asif Hashmi allegedly sold the ETPB 1,946 Kanals of land to DHA on 25 per cent exemption basis in 2009, whereas the same land was recommended by former ETPB chairman Gen Zulfiqar Ali Khan on 33 per cent exemption basis to DHA in 2001.
The land was situated in Dera Chahal, Lidher and Mota and difference of 8 per cent caused loss of Rs 2 billion while another 225 kanals was evacuated from DHA which was occupied with the connivance of ETPB officials and Hashmi team.
The then chief justice of Pakistan , Iftikhar Chaudhry, took suo motu notice of this shady deal. During a hearing on the case, the then-CJP had observed that ETPB made an illegal agreement by closing their eyes and added that in accordance with the constitution and law the ETPB land could neither be sold nor can be exchanged with other land.
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PTM's Ali Wazir, Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani pavilion inaugurated at Arab Health Exhibition in Dubai04:57 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- 32 early harvest projects completed under CPEC in 5 years04:52 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019