Sanam Marvi files for Khula in Lahore court
LAHORE - Acclaimed Pakistani vocalist Sanam Marvi has filed for a khula in a Lahore family court.
The folk singer had married Hamid Ali in 2009, having three children with him afterwards.
According to her plea, her husband's demeanour changed once they were married.
"He became abusive, would beat me and curse me," she claimed in her petition. She added, "I was putting up with his abuse for the sake of my children"
"It is no longer possible for me to be with my husband," she said, requesting that the court issue her a decree for khula.
- PML-N’s Nosheen Iftikhar drubs PTI’s Malhi in NA-75 Daska by-poll09:30 AM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 11 April 202108:52 AM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan's first-ever liver auto-transplantation carried out at ...11:20 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian troops’ attack on mosque in occupied ...10:33 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani drama to be aired in Turkey soon, says Faisal Javed Khan10:01 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Fawad Alam wants to work with Mahira Khan, Mehwish Hayat after ...07:01 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Health tips for fasting in the holy month06:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2021