Seats for medical and dental colleges across Pakistan increased
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Medical Commission on Wednesday announced that seats of medical and dental colleges across the country have been increased.
The decision was taken after revising the requests sent by provinces seeking an emergency enhancement of medical and dental college seats to accommodate various quotas.
"PMC had reviewed these requests and authorised the enhancement of seats in certain colleges," the medical body said in a tweet.
The distribution of these seats to accommodate various quotas is the purview of provincial governments, and they may proceed under their mandate and authority.
Important announcement regarding the enhancement of seats in public Medical and Dental Colleges. pic.twitter.com/1E9xMjjJGO— Pakistan Medical Commission (@pmc_org) February 10, 2021
According to details, the PMC has increased 495 seats across the country. 245 seats have been added in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 240 in Punjab, and 15 in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
- Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin ‘to run for Senate’07:15 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Peshawar Zalmi take on Quetta Gladiators tonight06:41 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia cancels Hajj for international pilgrims over COVID-19 ...06:11 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021