Amir Khan, Faryal Makhdoom set up Zohra Shah Child Protection Fund
International boxer,Amir Khan and wife Faryal Makhdoom have stepped up to establish a child protection fund to help the family of Zohra Shah, the eight-year-old who was beaten to death by her employers.
Makhdoom took to Instagram to announce the news:
"I am going to reach out to Zohra's family and do whatever I can to help them and make sure they never have to send their daughters to work again," she said. "I'm going to support their family. Such are an acts of kindness and grace to humanity," she said.
“Amir and I have personally contacted Zohra’s father and hoping to speak to him shortly. Thank you to everyone… especially the lawyers, barristers and human rights activists who are supporting us,” she wrote in her Instagram story.
When fans inquired her on why a minor was sent to work by her family, she clarified the situation by explaining the family’s side of the story.
“They didn't," claimed Makhdoom. "The father has told us that he has 6 kids and he sent Zohra to Islamabad with her khala (maternal aunt) to study there. The khala then put Zohra to work where she was beaten to death."
She also clarified that the victim’s family will not agree upon any financial settlement offered by anyone.
"We also have their word that they will not be coerced into any financial settlement from Zohra's murderers."
"Finally, they are humbled at our child protection fund in Zohra's name, which will help thousands of children in the years to come, until we eradicate child abuse from Pakistan completely."
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- US aircraft carriers conduct drills in South China Sea08:59 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- OPPO launches the stellar more fun, more experience OPPO A11K – A ...08:46 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Sri Lanka minister offers ICC evidence 2011 World Cup was fixed08:17 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- $4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against COVID-1908:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Over 300 cases of COVID-19 reported in Sindh Police in 2 days07:56 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020