Senate elections 2021 – ECP rejects PTI's plea seeking Gilani's disqualification
ISLAMABAD – The Election Commission of Pakistan has dismissed the PTI's plea seeking disqualification of PPP’s Yousuf Raza Gillani.
A four-member committee of the election tribunal announced the verdict after hearing arguments from the ruling party.
The petition has requested the commission to stop notification of Yousaf Raza Gillani’s victory in the recently held Senate polls after a video emerged in which Gillani's son, Ali Haider Gilani, was filmed telling PTI lawmakers to waste their votes.
Senate elections: IHC trashes PTI’s petition ... 09:59 AM | 10 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court on Wednesday dismissed a petition filed by the Special Assistant to the ...
Earlier this morning, ECP had also rejected PTI’s plea against newly-elected Senator Syed Yousuf Raza Gillani’s victory.
This is breaking news, more to follow...
- PSL 2021 – Peshawar Zalmi take on Quetta Gladiators tonight06:41 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia cancels Hajj for international pilgrims over COVID-19 ...06:11 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran hails 'historic' budget to beat climate change, reverse ...05:08 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021