Senate elections: IHC trashes PTI’s petition challenging Gilani's victory
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court on Wednesday dismissed a petition filed by the Special Assistant to the Prime Minister Ali Nawaz Awan challenging the victory of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP)'s leader Yusuf Raza Gilani in the Senate elections.
Your case is pending in the Election Commission of Pakistan and you need to use the concerned forum first, Chief Justice Islamabad High Court Athar Minallah told Ali Nawaz Awan.
CJ IHC added that you are a capable public representative and we don’t expect you to bring such petitions here. IHC is not the exact platform to bring such political matters unnecessarily, Chief Justice Athar Minallah remarked by dismissing the plea.
Senate elections video scandal – PTI to share ... 01:19 PM | 9 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Election Commission of Pakistan on Tuesday heard PTI’s plea seeking disqualification of ...
It is to be mentioned here that Yousaf Raza Gillani had defeated PTI candidate Abdul Hafeez Shaikh in an upset victory in the Senate elections.
The contest between Abdul Hafeez Shaikh and Yousaf Raza Gillani was being described as the most critical contest among the opposition and the government.
Yousaf Raza Gillani secured 169 votes while Abdul Hafeez Shaikh grabbed 164 votes. A total of 7 votes were rejected by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP).
Setback to PTI as Yousaf Raza Gillani defeats ... 06:32 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD - Former prime minister Yousaf Raza Gillani, a joint candidate of the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), on ...
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022