Pakistan allows over 300 citizens to return from Iran via Taftan border
QUETTA – Pakistan has 'temporarily' opened Taftan border to allow its more than 300 citizens to enter the country from Iran till late last night.
According to media reports, health teams deputed at entry points of Taftan border screened the returning citizens including pilgrims, traders and labourers.
The Pakistani citizens who visited coronavirus hit Iranian cities would be kept in quarantine while other people would be allowed to proceed towards their destinations after a complete medical checkup.
Earlier, Pakistan closed its land border with Iran as fears across the region continued to grow over a jump in new coronavirus infections.
Pakistan shares long borders with Iran that are often used by land travellers.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 05 December 202008:14 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan among top 10 worst-affected countries on Global Terrorism ...12:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- China becomes world's second nation to plant flag on Moon11:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Rahim Pardesi introduces both his wives to the world for the first ...10:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- ‘Kiss of death’: COVID-19 positive officer takes revenge on KMC ...10:17 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020