Pakistan allows over 300 citizens to return from Iran via Taftan border
QUETTA – Pakistan has 'temporarily' opened Taftan border to allow its more than 300 citizens to enter the country from Iran till late last night.
According to media reports, health teams deputed at entry points of Taftan border screened the returning citizens including pilgrims, traders and labourers.
The Pakistani citizens who visited coronavirus hit Iranian cities would be kept in quarantine while other people would be allowed to proceed towards their destinations after a complete medical checkup.
Earlier, Pakistan closed its land border with Iran as fears across the region continued to grow over a jump in new coronavirus infections.
Pakistan shares long borders with Iran that are often used by land travellers.
- Pakistan calls for lifting restrictions in IoJ&K as COVID-19 pandemic ...10:58 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- German minister commits suicide 'over coronavirus'09:25 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Syria confirms first coronavirus death08:49 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 16 deaths; Coronavirus cases rise to 1,58907:30 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Spain's Princess Maria first royalty to die from coronavirus07:15 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019