Syrian govt, rebels agree to extend ceasefire for another 48 hours
The army command said the 'regime of silence' in Aleppo and its province had been extended from Tuesday 11:00 am (PST) to midnight on Wednesday.
The announcement came as Russia and the United States agreed to boost efforts to find a political solution to Syria's five-year war. The two powers also agreed to extend a ceasefire across the whole of the country.
Earlier, fifteen people were killed in fresh violence in the northwestern province of Idlib and Aleppo which is controlled by Al-Nusra Front, according to British media.
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Govt announces criteria for ‘Sasta Petrol’ relief package12:40 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistan observes Youm-e-Takbeer today12:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Electricity tariff to be increased for revival of IMF loan programme: ...10:45 AM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022