Kangana Ranaut makes her Cannes debut in desi retro style
Kangana Ranaut, who is gearing up for the release of her period film Manikarnika, made her debut at the Cannes Film Festival Wednesday and was at her stunning best in a black Sabyasachi sari. Speaking at the Indian Pavillion at the 71st edition of the festival, where she had a discussion with Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairman Prasoon Joshi on women in Indian films, Kangana said the times have changed and gender bias is not the norm anymore in the film industry.
Kangana said, “I am not an exception. With the modernization and the way the world has changed...the difference between men and women have changed. There is a certain equality that has come about in the system. People now question if actor and actresses put in the same effort, why can’t they be treated as equals?”
Pictures from her first Cannes appearance were also shared online. The Tanu Weds Manu star wore a Sabyasachi black sari and paired it with minimal jewelry. Kangana, who is at the Cannes Film Festival on behalf of Grey Goose India, will attend the festival for three days and will walk the red carpet on May 10. Let's have look at the pictures of the film festival.
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Govt announces criteria for ‘Sasta Petrol’ relief package12:40 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistan observes Youm-e-Takbeer today12:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Electricity tariff to be increased for revival of IMF loan programme: ...10:45 AM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistan, China join hands for forest fire management10:17 AM | 28 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022