Indian village mourns two elephants who got electrocuted to death
The elephant and her calf both perished near the Kiranchandra Tea Garden, near Siliguli, after becoming trapped in electrical wiring.
The calf had initially got stuck in the live wires before the mother came to rescue her calf and also died, according to local blog ilovesiliguli.
The dead animals were brightly decorated with flowers as part of the send-off.
Pictures show a circle of people standing around the elephants as they form a makeshift funeral.
- #Pakistan, #UN to launch joint #flashappeal for #flood relief in ...10:23 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Cognitive Healthcare International launches advanced eClinic in ...09:55 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- No more train bookings till Oct 20 as operations halted again09:32 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Imran Khan comes down hard on agencies over ‘campaign to malign ...09:16 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:49 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ex-wife pays tribute to Aamir Liaquat11:19 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022