Kapil Sharma grills PM Modi over bribe complaint
Kapil who is known for his witty one liners took a serious stance on Thursday and tweeted PM Modi that a Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) officer was asking for a Rs. 5lakhs as a bribe for setting up an office.
The star comedian also tweeted that he was paying a whooping 15 crore income tax from last 5 year and still he was demanded Rs. 5lakhs as bribe. He questioned Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his promise of bringing "acche din", in the backdrop of corruption still perturbing the common man.
I am paying 15 cr income tax from last 5 year n still i have to pay 5 lacs bribe to BMC office for making my office @narendramodi— Kapil Sharma (@KapilSharmaK9) September 9, 2016
Yeh hain aapke achhe din ? @narendramodi— Kapil Sharma (@KapilSharmaK9) September 9, 2016
Soon after the tweet went viral, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) asked Sharma to reveal the name of the official who demanded a bribe.
“We request, Mr. Sharma to share the name of the official and enable BMC to take strict action,” chief of the BMC’s vigilance department, Manohar Pawar, said.
Chief Minister of Maharashtra also took notice of the incident and sought complete details for any action against the officer.
Sensing the severity of the matter, BMC officially contacted 35-year-old media star to reveal the details regarding his complain.
Sharma later clarified that he complained to highlight corruption and his criticism was not aimed at any specific political party.
I just voiced my concern on the corruption I faced with certain individuals..Its No blame on any political party be it BJP, MNS or ShivSena— Kapil Sharma (@KapilSharmaK9) September 9, 2016
There was no tweet from the PM's Twitter handle in response to Sharma's one.
- Pakistan vs Netherlands: First match of ODI series to be played today12:35 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Another medal for Pakistan at Islamic Games12:21 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Tiger Shroff addresses Disha Patani breakup rumours11:59 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani Hajj pilgrims to receive Rs150,000 in subsidy from tomorrow11:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani movie wins award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne10:51 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer Mobeen's vivacious personality comes out in new video09:55 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Alia Bhatt gives fans a sneak peek into her adorable babymoon10:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022