Trump warns Russia to brace for 'smart' missiles as Syria crisis looms
In a series of tweets on Wednesday, the tycoon-turned-president stated that Kremlin should not provide succour to Assad regime, terming him 'animal' yet again.
It is worth mentioning that the White House occupant fired a series of tweets and labelled Syrian president Bashar al Assad ‘animal’ for the ‘mindless’ chemical attack allegedly involving chlorine gas on Sunday.
"President Putin, Russia and Iran are responsible for backing Animal Assad," tweeted the president.
At least 80 civilians have been killed since Friday after Assad regime launched fresh air raids on rebel-held areas of Eastern Ghouta, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
The groups, including the White Helmets, the Douma Coordination Committee and the Ghouta Media Center, claimed that toxic gas inside barrel bombs dropped by helicopters over the city caused people to suffocate and choke, CNN reported.
On the other hand, Syrian state media and the regime’s ally Russia rejected such claims as fabricated.
The latest attack came a year after the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikun in northwestern Syria was hit by an air strike following which US warships in the Mediterranean fired 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian airbase.
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- 'Nothing to worry about,' FM Qureshi on not getting a call from US ...04:52 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021