Do more, again? US Counterterrorism subcommittee has doubts about Pak role in war on terror
The committee chairman also said that the session would provide recommendations to President Barack Obama for the framing of a new counter-terrorism policy in relation to Pakistan.
In a statement, the committee chairman accused Pakistan of not taking serious action against terrorists as the US and other allied nations had done. Matters related to the aid being provided to Pakistan will also be taken up at the debate, he added.
Meanwhile, Congressman Matt Salmon also alleged that Pakistan was still maintaining double standards for action against terrorists and called on the US government to check the aid given to the country.
All the Congress committee chairmen and members, former US ambassador to Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad, Defense Analyst Bill Roggio and Professor Teresa Bacon are expected to attend the subcommittee session.
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Good chance of Ramadan moon sighting today in Pakistan: Met office03:41 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran, Uzbek President to hold virtual summit, discuss bilateral ...03:06 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Top court trashes Justice Isa’s plea seeking live telecast of ...02:44 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Sunita Marshall celebrates birthday with friends and family12:58 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Sania Mirza wishes Shoaib Malik on 11th wedding anniversary05:02 PM | 12 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021