Netanyahu intensifies construction drive on West Bank
Under this plan, hundreds of new houses will be constructed in the city of Hebron city on the West Bank and east Jerusalem's Kiryat Arba settlement. Over 7,000 new Jewish settlers will benefit from the announcement.
Revealing the plan, Netanyahu said that his government would fully assist the Jewish residents who stood heroically in the face of vicious terrorism, in an apparent reference to the two Israeli kids of Kiryat Arba killed last year.
He went on to say that the new houses in the Jewish settlements were in response to Palestinian violence, which had claimed 34 lives this year.
Reacting to the announcement, US State Department spokesman John Kirby criticized the decision of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, calling it a move "fundamentally undermining the prospects for a two-state solution."
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021