India's lesbian ad goes viral
Titled 'The Visit', the ad for a fashion portal's ethnic wear collection has got over 0.2 million hits on YouTube over 10 days.
"We tried to avoid the stereotypes associated with gay people. There was no one woman looking more masculine or feminine in the film. We tried to give it a candid feel like it is any other couple being apprehensive about meeting the parents," says Avishek Ghosh, co-partner of Hectic Content, the production house that made the film conceptualised by ad agency Ogilvy & Mather, Bangalore.
"The ad has got 3 million views across social media like Facebook, YouTube etc," says Manish Aggarwal, VP (marketing) at Myntra Fashion which is promoting the ad.
The ad quickly went viral on social media.
Some people were jubilant:
— Parmesh Shahani (@parmeshs) June 10, 2015
"India's first lesbian ad" is lovely. I mean OK I find it boring & overstretched but it gets it point across so yay.
— Sugandha (@khakiStocking) June 11, 2015
— PlumsauceP (@PlumsauceP) June 11, 2015
— Purvi Thacker (@purvi21) June 11, 2015
- Petrol price likely to dip by Rs9 per litre from October 111:18 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan, England face off in 5th T20I today10:52 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani FM Bilawal urges US, China to set aside rivalry to fight ...10:26 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ishaq Dar sworn in as Pakistan's new Finance Minister09:49 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Naseem Shah hospitalised as his health deteriorates09:24 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan groove to 'Alcoholiya'11:32 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Bushra Ansari faces criticism for receiving anti-aging treatment10:07 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022