US dropped 751 bombs on Afghanistan in September
WASHINGTON/KABUL - The US military dropped 751 bombs on Afghanistan during the month of September, the highest number in five years, according to a report recently released by US Air Forces Central Command.
"This increase can be attributed to [President Donald Trump's] strategy to more proactively target extremist groups that threaten the stability and security of the Afghan people," the USAFCC said in the report.
US releases video of 'Mother of all bombs' ... 05:38 PM | 14 Apr, 2017
WASHINGTON - US military released aerial footage of the Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB) strike on an Islamic State ...
In August, Trump said that although he had considered pulling the US military out of Afghanistan, where it has been fighting since 2001, further review made him decide the threat there was too severe for such a move at this time.
Afghanistan pull-out would be 'to our ultimate ... 11:43 PM | 3 Oct, 2017
WASHINGTON - US Defence Secretary James Mattis warned Tuesday that an American withdrawal from Afghanistan would be ...
The continued military effort in Afghanistan has led to a record number of civilian deaths this year.
- PM Imran to visit Diamer Basha dam project next week11:25 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran warns of Srebrenica like massacre in IOJ&K similar to as ...10:55 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The World's Premier Schools & Societies ...10:08 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- 10 new COVID-19 rapid response units inaugurated through Pakistan-US ...09:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Aisha Uqbah Malik pens a heartwarming birthday wish for husband04:27 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi criticises Muslims encouraging conversion of other ...03:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020