IHC dismisses Saad Rafique's plea for protective bail
A two-member bench also rejected a petition seeking the protective bail of Salman Rafique for 10 days; Saad Rafique left the courtroom before the announcement of the verdict.
The Khawaja brothers filed a petition in the Islamabad High Court petitions seeking protective bail and legal protection against alleged harassment by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
In the petitions filed through their counsel Amjad Pervaiz and Kamran Murtaza, the duo expressed apprehensions about their arrest at the hands of NAB.
They named the NAB chairman and Lahore director general as respondents in the petition.
Citing the recent arrest of former chief minister Punjab, Shahbaz Sharif, the ex-railways minister said the NAB chairman and officials subordinate to him were acting like an agent of the present regime.
'The bureau is abusing the process of law for political victimisation,' pleaded Salman Rafique.
An inquiry was launched by the accountability watchdog against the Khawaja brothers regarding the Paragon Housing society which is still ongoing.
- JS Bank holds medical camps and food distribution in flood affected ...01:32 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- ‘We just have to play with it’: Imran Khan’s audio leak about ...01:03 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz, Army Chief felicitates Saudi crown prince on ...11:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Petrol price likely to dip by Rs9 per litre from October 111:18 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Anil Kapoor sends birthday wishes to Pakistani fashion designer08:52 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan groove to 'Alcoholiya'11:32 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022