Najam Sethi returns to news media, joins Aap News as president
Sethi, who recently tendered resignation as the chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), announced on Twitter that he will be giving his two cents on the political scene both in Urdu and English soon.
I have joined Aap/Indus Media Group as President. Will be returning, along with my chirya, to the screen in Urdu and English as soon as possible. Wish me luck in this new venture.— Najam Sethi (@najamsethi) September 10, 2018
Will be returning, along with my chirya, to the screen, Sethi quipped in a reference to his insiders in the civil-military corridors.
Aap News is an upcoming TV channel led by popular anchor Aftab Iqbal. No date has been announced as to when the TV channel would be launched, however, it is expected that the media outlet would be launched by the end of this year.
Najam Sethi has, under his belt, a vast experience both as a journalist and an administrator. He has served as the interim chief minister of Punjab before the 2013 elections following which he was appointed as the chairman of the country's cricket board.
Sethi's wife Jugnu Mohsin has also served as a journalist and has hosted multiple television shows. She is now a member of the Punjab Assembly.
Sethi's children Ali and Mira are closely associated with media as well. The former is a renowned singer while Mira acts in television plays and commercials.
- Pakistani ace climber Shehroze Kashif rues lack of support after ...06:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Govt to issue red notice to bring back Farah Khan, husband from Dubai06:27 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- After Punjab, Sindh allows markets to remain open sans timings bar ...05:24 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022