Asad Umar hints at changes in tax policy
While addressing the traders at Karachi Chamber of Commerce, during a meeting the finance minister informed that the mini-budget was delayed as Prime Minister Imran Khan will be travelling,
The mini-budget was initially set to be presented on January 21.
"Tax irregularities will be removed in the mini-budget," the finance minister said. "Any changes in tax policy will be made after approval from the Parliament," Umar added.
The minister further said that "Powers of Federal Board of Revenue's (FBR) statutory regulatory orders (SROs) have been withdrawn."
He said an increase in taxes had been proposed, but the government could consider decreasing taxes in order to boost the economy.
The finance minister said that the trade policy is always preferred in foreign policy and stated that the government of Pakistan planning to facilitate investors, as it will create more job opportunities within the country.
The minister said that in the 21st century the private sector holds a key position in economic affairs. He also hoped that the mini-budget will be good news for the stock exchange.
He said that Pakistan’s trade with Turkey needs to be improved, adding that the government is devising a strategic trade plan with the country.
This would be the second such budget introduced by the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government since it was voted into power in the July 28 general election.
- Haider Ali hospitalised after viral illness10:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PM Shehbaz felicitates Chinese leadership on National Day10:00 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistani UN peacekeeper martyred in Central Africa09:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Iran’s key intelligence official killed in clashes with protesters09:06 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Tajikistan singer Abdu Rozik is the first contestant of Bigg Boss 1607:08 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Teaser revealed for Wasim Akram, Fawad Khan-starrer 'Money Back ...08:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022