10-kg flour price dropped to Rs490 in Punjab as CM Hamza announces relief package
LAHORE – Punjab Chief Minister Hamza Shahbaz has announced a Rs200 billion subsidy to lower wheat flour price across the province.
The chief minister made the announcement during a press conference, saying the move will decrease the price of 10-kg flour bag to Rs490 from previous Rs650.
He added that the government was fully aware of the problems being faced by the common man, adding that more measures will be taken to facilitate the poor segment of society.
CM Hamza said that a relief package to provide subsidized sugar is also being considered and would be announced soon.
He said that price control committees had been set up in all districts of the province to ensure provision of edibles at fixed rates.
The chief minister also vowed to ensure availability of free medicines to cancer and other patients in hospitals across the province.
Punjab slashes sugar, flour prices on directives ... 11:35 PM | 20 Apr, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The price of flour and sugar have slashed in the country’s most populous region Punjab as Prime ...
- Miftah Ismail terms slash in POL prices 'reckless' decision09:08 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ace Junior League concludes at Lahore Garrison08:40 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- COAS Bajwa discusses regional security with UN military adviser11:49 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: England beat Pakistan by 67 runs to win T20I series11:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...10:24 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022