Joaquin Phoenix arrested in Jane Fonda's weekly climate change protests
Joaquin Phoenixwas arrested at a climate change protest at the nation’s capital on Friday, reported PEOPLE’s magazine.
On Friday, a spokesperson for Fire Drill Fridays, the name of Fonda’s weekly initiative, confirmedthat the actor was among 147 people arrested in the protest for crowding, obstructing or incommoding.
There were 300 in attendance at what would be (for now) Jane Fonda’s final D.C. “Fire Drill Fridays” protest. Phoenix was arrested alongside fellow actor Martin Sheen on the steps of Capitol Hill. Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal was also there in support of Fonda’s protest but was not arrested.
This is the 14th week of Fonda's climate crisis protests in DC.
This week's protest focused on major banks and investors that finance the expansion of the fossil fuel industry. It's also the last protest for the time being, as Fonda will be returning to Los Angeles.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Punjab wants to trial anti-malaria drug on coronavirus patients11:51 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 31 deaths; Coronavirus cases exceed 2,20011:22 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- WB approves additional financing of $700m for Dasu power project10:45 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID-19: Over 5,100 died in US, global death toll rises to over ...10:03 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- CAA suspends international, domestic flights till April 1109:32 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Van Gogh painting stolen from museum during virus shutdown04:03 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Kim Kardashian shares BTS of the nasty fight with sister Kourtney and ...04:01 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019