Hurriyat leadership appeals to observe complete shutdown in IOJ&K: on Monday
SRINAGAR - Hurriyat leadership including Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and others have appealed to the people of the territory to observe complete shutdown tomorrow (Monday) to reaffirm the pledge to continue the mission of their martyrs till the achievement of the inalienable right to self-determination.
It may be recalled that on the 13th of July 1931, the troops of Dogra Maharaja had killed 22 Kashmiris outside Central Jail in Srinagar during the court proceedings against Abdul Qadeer, who had asked Kashmiri people to defy the Dogra rule.
Since then, Kashmiris have been observing 13th July as Kashmir Martyrs' Day.
The APHC in a statement in Srinagar said 1931 mass movement was Kashmiris’ first collective struggle against the centuries-old autocratic rule and those killed on 13th July are considered to be the first martyrs of the ongoing freedom movement. It also called for a march towards the Martyrs’ Graveyard at Naqashband Sahib in Srinagar to pay homage to the martyrs of 1931 who are buried there.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020