Thousands protest against drone attacks near US base in Germany
The demonstration was organized by the alliance: "Stop Ramstein - No Drone War". The human chain stretched up to 9 kilometers around the perimeter of the base.
The demonstrator argued that using the airbase located in Germany to run the controversial drone operations was against the German Constitution. They demanded immediate closure of the base satellite relay station.
Some placards displayed by the protesters read: "Most people want to live in peace," "He who sows war, will reap refugees," “No NATO,” “Peace” and “We do not want to be accomplices in your wars.”
In Pakistan alone, over 3,000 people have been killed in about 400 drone strikes during the last decade. According to international observer group Bureau of Investigative Journalism, at least 400 children were also among those killed in the drone attacks in Pakistan's tribal areas.
- Ashraf Ghani declared winner of Afghan presidential poll10:33 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan reiterates demand for justice for victims of Samjhauta ...09:29 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- At Kartarpur, UNSG lauds Pakistan’s efforts for peace, interfaith ...08:20 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- UNSG Guterres visits Badshahi Mosque, Lahore Fort07:24 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Nationwide polio immunization drive continues to vaccinate 39 million ...05:20 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa finish shooting for Quaid-e-Azam ...10:58 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- FIR lodged against Solis Festival, company blacklisted: DC Islamabad10:56 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019