Thousands protest against drone attacks near US base in Germany
The demonstration was organized by the alliance: "Stop Ramstein - No Drone War". The human chain stretched up to 9 kilometers around the perimeter of the base.
The demonstrator argued that using the airbase located in Germany to run the controversial drone operations was against the German Constitution. They demanded immediate closure of the base satellite relay station.
Some placards displayed by the protesters read: "Most people want to live in peace," "He who sows war, will reap refugees," “No NATO,” “Peace” and “We do not want to be accomplices in your wars.”
In Pakistan alone, over 3,000 people have been killed in about 400 drone strikes during the last decade. According to international observer group Bureau of Investigative Journalism, at least 400 children were also among those killed in the drone attacks in Pakistan's tribal areas.
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019