Santosh Kumar remembered on 38th death anniversary
ISLAMABAD – The 38th death anniversary of versatile Pakistani film actor Syed Musa Raza, popularly known as Santosh Kumar was observed yesterday.
He was born in 1925 in Lahore. He graduated from Osmania University, Hyderabad.
Santosh Kumar was widely regarded as a dignified and charismatic fellow. He was often offered roles in government order, but he respectfully declined in favour of people, he felt, were better suited for such positions.
Kumar was active in Pakistani cinema during the 1950s and 60s and is considered to be the first romantic hero of Pakistani films.
His first film was "Ahensa" made in 1947 in India, and his first film in Pakistan was "Beli".
Kumar also starred in the first ever silver jubilee urdu film "Do Aansoo" in 1950. The very first Nigar Award for best actor was rewarded to Santosh Kumar for the film "Waada".
"Shaam Dhalay" is the only movie he produced, directed and played the lead role. He passed away in 1982.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- OPPO launches the stellar more fun, more experience OPPO A11K – A ...08:46 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Sri Lanka minister offers ICC evidence 2011 World Cup was fixed08:17 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- $4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against COVID-1908:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Over 300 cases of COVID-19 reported in Sindh Police in 2 days07:56 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- PPSC to restart interviewing candidates as lockdown eased07:44 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020