Songwriter Shakeel Sohail passes away
Renowned lyricist Shakeel Sohail passed away last night. The 55-year-old reportedly suffered a heart attack.
His nephew took to Twitter to share the news of his uncle’s tragic demise.
Shakeel Sohail was one of the most coveted songwriters in the country. Some of his famous tracks included Superstar's 'Ghalat Fehmi' and Parwaaz Hai Junoon's 'Thaam Lo' were penned by him. He also collaborated with Atif Aslam several times, their recent project being Aik Naya Khawab, which released just yesterday.
Prominent figures have since then taken to social media to pay homage and offer their condolences to the family of the deceased.
Singer: Atif Aslam— Atif Aslam (@itsaadee) June 11, 2020
Composed & Produced by: Shiraz Uppal
Lyrics: Shakeel Sohail
We have been blessed with a gorgeous country, #PakistansNo1Network #Zong4G covers us with more 4G towers than any other. Let's celebrate hope N PASSION. https://t.co/kE0VbWuIa9
Ameen.. ameeen..💔 https://t.co/gSlBXBfiVx— Mahira Khan (@TheMahiraKhan) June 11, 2020
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020