Another spell of rain to start from March 16: DG Met
The new system would engulf the country from Balochistan, Sindh, Khaber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), Punjab and other parts of the country which would continue till March 19, he told APP.
He stated that normally such a severe rain pattern is not observed in spring season but due to El Nino climate cycles, the temperatures of the Pacific Ocean warmer than normal. These anomalies are the hallmark of El Nino climate cycles, which can influence weather patterns across the globe, he aaded.
DG Met further stated that this summer in May and June severe hot and dry weather is expected which may generate heat waves resulting in intense heat weather conditions to prevail till first half of June. As the Ramzan is falling in June this year, he said, so it may be quite hot till mid but the Eid Fitr is expected in pleasant weather as the pre-monsoon may start in second half of June.
However, the current rain spell and the upcoming showers have a good impact on pollen allergy patients as the pollen count has raised to 30,000 per m3 of air which has now reduced to almost half level and continue till end of rain spells.
- Afghan President hails Pakistan's peace efforts in meeting with COAS ...06:04 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Azhar Ali sets new Test cricket record for Pakistan05:50 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Bilawal asks PM Imran to reveal reasons for repaying $3b to KSA04:04 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen's version of ‘Mustafa Jaan-e-Rehmat’ leaves fans ...03:27 PM | 10 May, 2021
- After Twitter suspension, Instagram takes action against Kangana ...02:23 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021