Gujranwala joins the growing list of smart cities to offer Uber
Gujranwala - Today, Gujranwala becomes the newest city to join Uber’s growing global network. The announcement comes following the application proving to be hugely popular in Pakistan and across the world. Gujranwala is the third city in the province of Punjab to get Uber and the sixth city in Pakistan.
Currently, Uber is available in Pakistan’s 5 key cities, Karachi, Hyderabad, Lahore and the twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi. Uber’s innovative technology connects riders with drivers at the touch of a button. Whether you’re heading out with friends, traveling on business, or exploring the city, Uber now provides an affordable, safe and reliable way to get across Gujranwala.
Speaking about the launch, General Manager Uber Pakistan Mr. Safee Shah said, “We are proud to launch in Gujranwala which we feel is another great market in Punjab with great potential. We have set the standard for connecting people to world-class transport at the touch of a button and moving millions around the world every day. This launch is very exciting for us, and is aligned with our expansion plans in the country and goal to continue to provide people with safe, reliable and affordable transportation.”
He added, “By offering a friendly and reliable complement to existing transport options, we can help improve urban mobility in Pakistan while creating new, fruitful opportunities for driver-partners. Ultimately, we hope to reduce the strain on the city’s roads, and minimize the environmental impact of traffic congestion that is part of a growing economy.”
Uber is celebrating the launch in Gujranwala by offering free rides to all residents, which they can enjoy by downloading the app from uber.com/app, entering the promo code UBERLOVESGUJPK and enjoying 5 free rides up to Rs. 350 each. Free rides can be accessed on the Uber app between 12 noon 11th May 2017 until midnight 14th May 2017.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- SC moved to cancel bail of Maryam Nawaz10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Orange Line Metro Train's test run on Dec 1010:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019