Iranian films to be screened in Pakistani cinemas
ISLAMABAD - Pakistani cinemas are all set to screen Iranian films after the ban on Indian content in the country.
The move came in a bid to save the declining Pakistan film industry and restore its glory.
The industry was previously functional with the screening of Indian movies but after the imposition of the ban it is somewhat facing difficulties, IRNA reported.
Pakistan Film Distributors have initiated formal contacts in Iran and Turkey for the import of their movies. The public has also welcomed the decision.
They are of the view that along with entertainment there will also be employment benefits.
Earlier Executive Director of Pakistan National Institute for Folk and Traditional Heritage (Lok Virsa) Fouzia Saeed talking to IRNA said that Iranian movies which are culturally very close to Pakistani society ought to be screened in Pakistani cinemas.
Iranian movies are being appreciated globally and their screening in Pakistan must be encouraged she added. --- APP
- Coronavirus cases soar above 6 million worldwide11:28 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Latest pics of Nawaz Sharif, having coffee in London, take Twitter by ...09:57 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Pakistan makes face masks mandatory amid record daily deaths from ...09:07 PM | 30 May, 2020
- PAF officer, who died in PIA plane crash, laid to rest in Karachi08:19 PM | 30 May, 2020
- First Covid-19 death reported among KP nurses07:20 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020