Rs 5,000 banknotes not being discontinued: SBP
KARACHI - State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) on Tuesday denied the reports regarding discontinuation of Rs 5,000 currency notes, and termed the news being circulated on social media as baseless.
In an official statement released by the SBP, it was clarified that it has no intentions to demonetize the 5,000 Rupees banknote. SBP further clarified that any such action is announced well in advance and the public is given ample amount of time to get their currency notes exchanged through the authorized banks.
The fake news caused unrest among the public regarding possessions of these currency notes.
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pillion riding banned in Sindh on Muharram 9, 1011:14 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020