Akshay Kumar cancels shooting for “Housefull 4” after director Sajid Khan is accused of harassment
Kumar on his return from his vacation took over his social media to express how the #MeToo movement in Bollywood came out to be very disturbing for him. He also made sure his fans knew that he will never be a part of such project where his peers are accused of harassment.
He gave a statement;
“I’ve just landed back in the country last night and reading all the news has been very disturbing. I’ve requested the producers of ‘Housefull 4’ to cancel the shoot until further investigation. This is something that requires the stringent action. I will not work with any proven offender and all those who have been subjugated to harassment should be heard and given the justice they deserve.”
According to a source; “Akshay is renowned for his discipline and has never canceled a shoot in his 28 year career. It’s the first time that he decides to cancel a shoot, perhaps because the #MeToo movement simply cannot be ignored. The charges against Sajid Khan and Nana Patekar are both serious.”
In result Sajid Khan resigned from the project explaining due to the pressure from his family and friends he will be stepping back from the film.
- Pakistan celebrities in shock over blast in Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar05:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan Navy assumes command of multinational Combined Task Force-15005:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Three dead, 26 injured in Lahore blast02:50 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- FBR freezes Aima Baig’s all bank accounts over unpaid income tax10:40 AM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Sharmila Faruqui comes face to face with Nadia Khan for mocking her ...10:21 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021