Action being taken against illegal increase in school fees: LHC told
LAHORE - Secretary School Education Punjab Muhammad Mehmood on Thursday informed the Lahore High Court (LHC) that the action was being taken against illegal increase in fees of different educational institutions.
The secretary made the statement before Justice Shahid Waheed who was hearing a petition against illegal increase in the fee of private schools.
He further submitted that a meeting of officials concerned had been summoned on September 14 to review the matter. He submitted that there would be no restriction over the petitioner to join his class in the school.
To a court query about his absence from the proceedings on Wednesday, the secretary told that he was not informed about the court orders in an appropriate manner.
At this, the court directed the secretary for taking action against the responsible and adjourned further proceedings till September 16 while seeking a report.
A student, Ehtisham Sarwar, had filed the petition saying that private schools were minting money from parents in violation of the supreme court order as they had made excessive increase in school fee without any justification.
He pointed out that the SC in its June 12 order had directed that school fee could only be enhanced in accordance with section 7-A of Punjab Private Educational Institutions (Promotion and Regulation) (Amendment) Act 2017.
- Masoumeh Ebtekar: Iran's vice president infected by coronavirus11:54 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Hadi Khosrowshahi: Iran's ex-ambassador to Vatican dies of coronavirus11:47 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Coronavirus: Pakistan's Aviation division establishes emergency ...11:36 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan, Qatar agree to further enhance economic cooperation11:19 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pink Floyd: PM Imran tweets Roger Waters’ video criticising ...11:10 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- TikTok is cancer, says Feroze Khan03:05 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Celebrities speak out against the brutal treatment of Muslims in Delhi02:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- ‘Ehd-e-Wafa’ makers planning to air finale in cinemas02:15 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019