Investment opportunities in Punjab discussed during USAID-hosted roundtable
LAHORE - New investment opportunities in Punjab dominated the discussion for Pakistani business leaders during a virtual roundtable hosted by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), this week.
Participants included leaders in the pharmaceutical, dairy, livestock, packaging, energy, digital technology, textiles and education sectors. USAID’s Provincial Director for Punjab Kevin Sharp and Deputy Director Innovation and Partnerships Unit, USAID, Islamabad Kanwal Bokharey moderated the discussion.
The virtual roundtable focused on challenges faced by the private sector and potential investment opportunities in Punjab. Participants also discussed areas where USAID and the private sector could collaborate and benefit from each other’s expertise and resources.
The US Government works with the public and private sector to address social, economic, and humanitarian development challenges in Pakistan using a mix of financial and non-financial resources and a co-creation approach to mobilize resources from Pakistani and U.S. companies. USAID is expanding engagement with the private sector to achieve outcomes of shared interest across sectors and geographies.
U.S. officials also introduced the participants to the newly established US International Development Finance Corporation (IDFC) to explore possible areas for financing private ventures. IDFC partners with the private sector to finance solutions to the most critical challenges facing the developing world today.
- Who is Chuck Feeney, and why top Pakistani leaders are praising him?07:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020