Pilot aborts take-off so grandparents can bid farewell to dying grandson
The Australia-bound jumbo jet was about to take off from Manchester Airport when the couple received a text saying their grandchild was in intensive care.
Luckily they managed to get the attention of the cabin crew and pilot - who then aborted take-off at the last minute, writes the Manchester Evening News.
After returning to the gate, the couple were able to disembark and collect their luggage.
Etihad Airways staff even found the couple’s car and had it waiting for them as they left the airport.
The couple managed to reach the hospital and spend time at their grandson’s bedside, who sadly died the next day.
- AirSial's first Airbus reaches Karachi airport (VIDEO)06:20 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- ‘Loneliest elephant' Kaavan leave Pakistan for Cambodia today05:42 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Gilgit Baltistan Assembly to elect leader of the House on Monday05:10 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan reports 43 new deaths, 2829 fresh cases of COVID-1904:49 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Covid-19 in Pakistan: These five cities contributing 70% of total ...04:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020