Pilot aborts take-off so grandparents can bid farewell to dying grandson
MANCHESTER (Web Desk) - A pilot made a last minute U-turn on the runway so that an elderly couple on board could get to their dying grandson’s bedside.
The Australia-bound jumbo jet was about to take off from Manchester Airport when the couple received a text saying their grandchild was in intensive care.
Luckily they managed to get the attention of the cabin crew and pilot - who then aborted take-off at the last minute, writes the Manchester Evening News.
After returning to the gate, the couple were able to disembark and collect their luggage.
Etihad Airways staff even found the couple’s car and had it waiting for them as they left the airport.
The couple managed to reach the hospital and spend time at their grandson’s bedside, who sadly died the next day.
- PM Imran warns world to take notice of India's ultranationalist ...12:51 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- FATF holds meeting in Paris to decide Pakistan’s fate today12:21 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Armeena Khan ties the knot with Fesl Khan on Valentine's day02:12 PM | 15 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019