Seriously concerned over security lockdown in Occupied Kashmir, Iran tells India
TEHRAN – Iran has urged the Indian government to take measures to normalise the situation in Jammu and Kashmir, expressing concern about restrictions faced by Muslims in the occupied state, the Iranian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Tuesday.
The statement added it was reacting to reports about the difficult security situation in several districts of Jammu and Kashmir as well as religious restrictions faced by the Muslim community there.
It stressed that India should take measures that would return the region back to normal and allow people to exercise their natural rights.
BJP revoked Kashmir's special status because it ... 12:03 PM | 13 Aug, 2019
CHENNAI - Congress leader Palaniappan Chidambaram said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government revoked Jammu ...
On August 5, Indian President Ram Nath Kovind signed a decree removing the special status of Jammu and Kashmir, which was granted to the state by Article 370 of the Indian constitution. Under the new initiative of the Federal government, the region will be divided into two union territories.
Islamabad has announced to use all diplomatic channels to ensure justice to Kashmirs under Indian occupation.
Pakistan strongly condemns Indian curtailment of ... 10:12 AM | 13 Aug, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has condemned Indian curtailment of religious freedom of Kashmiri Muslims, the Radio Pakistan ...
BBC has reported an analysis by professor of international politics at the London School of Economics, Sumantra Bose in which she said India's unilateral decision of revoking Kashmir`s special status is fraught with challenges.
"Kashmir will no more remain part of India if the ongoing grave situation continues," she warned.
Bose said the revocation of Article 370 is a fulfillment of Hindu nationalists demand who have vehemently denounced the provision for decades.
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019