UK has historic obligation to mediate between Pakistan, India on Kashmir issue: British MP
In a letter addressed to United Kingdom Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, he said the region of Kashmir has been the epicenter of violent and territorial conflict for more than 70 years.
Ivan Lewis said at the time, the UK signed United Nations Security Council resolution 47, which demanded that the Kashmiri people were given right of self-determination through a free ,fair and impartial plebiscite. Therefore, he reminded the foreign secretary, he must condemn the action of the Indian government of revoking Article 370 in the strongest term.
He said it is our moral obligation to speak out and in the first instance demand a peaceful resolution to the escalating situation in occupied Kashmir.
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019