UK has historic obligation to mediate between Pakistan, India on Kashmir issue: British MP
In a letter addressed to United Kingdom Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, he said the region of Kashmir has been the epicenter of violent and territorial conflict for more than 70 years.
Ivan Lewis said at the time, the UK signed United Nations Security Council resolution 47, which demanded that the Kashmiri people were given right of self-determination through a free ,fair and impartial plebiscite. Therefore, he reminded the foreign secretary, he must condemn the action of the Indian government of revoking Article 370 in the strongest term.
He said it is our moral obligation to speak out and in the first instance demand a peaceful resolution to the escalating situation in occupied Kashmir.
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022