Tea,apples,onions cut heart disease risk
A research team focused on one of the compounds, quieting, which is found in tea, onions and apples. They examined the effect of the compounds produced after quercetin is broken down by the body. They were shown to help prevent the chronic inflammation which can lead to thickening of the arteries, Radio Pakistan reported.
Previous research had shown quercetin is metabolized very quickly by the intestine and liver and is not actually found in human blood. So instead, the researchers concentrated on the compounds that enter the
bloodstream after quercetin is ingested, absorbed and metabolised.
The compounds were used in concentrations similar to those that would be produced following digestion to treat cells taken from the lining of the blood vessels.
They tested compounds that are actually found in the blood, rather than the flavonoid in food before it is eaten, as only these compounds will actually come into contact with human tissues and have an effect on arterial health.
The research found that in the case of one inflammatory process, a lower dose of the compounds achievable by eating 100g to 200g of onions actually had a bigger impact.
- Balochistan face off Central Punjab in 4th match of National T20 2021 ...05:51 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Top Pakistani, Russian generals discuss military ties in Moscow05:29 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- vivo all set to launch the brand new Y33s in Pakistan04:41 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- HBL extends its ATM network free of cost to Finja Debit Card ...04:21 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- LIVE: Sindh clash with Southern Punjab in 3rd match of National T20 ...04:00 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021