Musharraf lauds LHC decision of overturning death sentence
LAHORE - Former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf on Monday praised the ruling issued by the Lahore High Court declaring the special court, which had sentenced him to death in treason case, illegal.
In its decision on a petition filed by the formed army chief today, the LHC overturned the death sentence by declaring the legal process adopted for the formation of the special court as "unconstitutional". It added that amended Article 6 of the Constitution, under which Musharraf had been found guilty, could not applicalbe in the case.
The former president, in an audio statement, lauded the verdict, terming the decision according to the law and Constitution.
On the decision, he said: “I cannot comment on it but the decision is really good, I am very happy that the judgement is as per the law and Constitution”.
Talking about his health condition, he said that he was gradually improving.
- Amazon Prime Day 2020 is happening on October 1309:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020