Musharraf lauds LHC decision of overturning death sentence
LAHORE - Former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf on Monday praised the ruling issued by the Lahore High Court declaring the special court, which had sentenced him to death in treason case, illegal.
In its decision on a petition filed by the formed army chief today, the LHC overturned the death sentence by declaring the legal process adopted for the formation of the special court as "unconstitutional". It added that amended Article 6 of the Constitution, under which Musharraf had been found guilty, could not applicalbe in the case.
The former president, in an audio statement, lauded the verdict, terming the decision according to the law and Constitution.
On the decision, he said: “I cannot comment on it but the decision is really good, I am very happy that the judgement is as per the law and Constitution”.
Talking about his health condition, he said that he was gradually improving.
LHC rules special court in Musharraf case was ... 05:30 PM | 13 Jan, 2020
LAHORE - Lahore High Court LHC) on Monday ruled that the formation of a special court that last month handed former ...
- No coronavirus case in Pakistan; screening continues at airports12:24 AM | 20 Feb, 2020
- Rothschild suit revives family's Vienna past10:22 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- 3 youth martyred in Pulwama as India launches another anti-Kashmir ...10:08 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Kashmir issue no more a bilateral but international human rights ...09:55 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- WWF-Pakistan stresses innovative technologies for wastewater ...06:53 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Harry Styles reportedly mugged at knifepoint on Valentine's Day01:42 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- UN chief meets Mahira Khan, thanks her for ‘extraordinary support’02:59 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019