6 nutritional benefits of Beetroot or Beets
1# Better brain function: Beetroot could help improve your cognitive function too. A study conducted in 2010 found that eating a diet high in beetroot could increase blood flow to certain areas of the brain.
2# Fighting inflammation: Beetroot is a unique source of betaine which protects against environmental stress, combats inflammation and is also thought to prevent a number of chronic diseases.
3# Beating cancer: Beetroot gets its deep color from phytonutrients. These are thought to help ward off cancer. The research found that when beetroot extract was given to animals in drinking water, it reduced multi-organ tumor formations.
4# Improving exercise performance: Beetroot helps in increasing energy and boosting stamina. Another 2013 study found evidence to suggest that both inactive and recreationally active people experienced moderate improvements in their performance when they drank beetroot juice before taking part in sport.
5# Excellent food for the liver: Beetroots promotes healthiness to liver and Beets will help thin bile which in turn facilitates its easy movement in the liver and intestines. Beets also flush out toxins from the liver preventing their re-entry into the body system.
The liver will not suffer oxidative stress when you regularly consume beets. This is because of the action of copper and zinc contained in the beets.
6# Digestion efficiency: The quality of your blood will change the moment you begin to take beets regularly. Digestion is also improved. Your liver and spleen open when you take beets regularly too. In case you are suffering from illnesses related to digestion and blood system then the beets will be useful in restoring your state of health.
There have been positive reports on the treatment of abdominal pain with regular intake of beets. Overall bowel movement also improves with consumption of beets.
- Samsung launches SmartThings Find, a new way to quickly locate your ...03:14 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- edotco appoints new Country Managing Director Pakistan02:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- KIA Niro Spotted in Pakistan – Is the future of Hybrid vehicles ...01:51 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Meet Nabeel Ahmad: The Founder and CEO of Skyray Ventures01:47 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- NUST ranked among top Asia's 100 universities12:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020