By-elections 2018: Here are few guidelines to cast the vote
LAHORE - The by-polls on 35 constituencies across the country will be held tomorrow (Sunday) as over 9.9 million ballot papers have been printed for the purpose.
Here's your complete guide on how to check and cast your ballot:
How to Check
Eligible voters can check their polling station detail by sending a text message with their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) number (without the dash) to 8300.
The reply message will contain the information containing their name, and the electoral area. The message also includes a serial number of the voters registered in the electoral rolls.
By-election for 35 constituencies across country ... 04:07 PM | 13 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The by-polls on 35 constituencies across the country will be held tomorrow (Sunday) as over 9.9 million ...
Here is the procedure to cast the vote as per Elections Act 2017.
- Check your polling station and constituency details by sending an SMS containing CNIC number without a dash.
- Bring your original valid or expired CNIC as other documents including Passport, driving license or CNIC photocopy are not valid.
- Stay in your designated queues for male and female voters and wait for your turn.
- Present your CNIC to polling officer for your verification.
- Polling officer will issue two ballot papers – green for the national assembly and white for provincial assembly – after your verification and thumb impression.
- Take ballot papers and go behind the voting screen and stamp on the symbol of the candidate of your choice. Make sure that you stamp on the right place and the ink mark is evident on the electoral symbol of the candidate you are voting for.
- Fold your ballot paper wisely dispatched in the designated box – Green ballot box should be dispatched in a box with the green lid while the White with the white lid.
- Give preference to patients, pregnant women, disabled, old, and transgender persons.
- The polling time is 8am till 6pm, and people who will in the premises of the polling station can cast their vote only after 6 pm.
- Do not bring a mobile phone, camera or any other multimedia device in the polling station.
- Stamp only in the designated box for the candidate.
- Taking pictures of a casted vote is prohibited.
- Do not dispatch vote in other boxes.
- Do not make any mark or overwrite on the ballot paper other than the stamp on the symbol of the candidate of your choice.
- Do not engage in fight or a heated argument with the polling staff
How overseas Pakistani can cast their vote?
Registered Overseas Pakistanis can also cast their vote online for the by-election 2018.
The ECP has sent logins and passwords to registered Pakistanis residing out of the country on their valid email addresses.
Overseas Pakistanis to vote online in October 14 ... 06:52 PM | 12 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - For the first time in the history of Pakistan, overseas Pakistanis will be able to vote in the elections ...
On October 14, when polling begins in Pakistan at 8 am, they will be sent ballot papers. They’ll be able to click on the candidate they want to vote for.
If the system works, their ballot papers will be automatically converted into Form 45. If it doesn’t work the ECP will have to manually convert it to a Form 47.
- Iran urges Saudi Arabia to work together to resolve problems10:09 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- PIA detected 466 fake degree-holders in last 5 years09:45 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan on right track after tackling inherited economic woes, says ...08:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Naming Babar Azam as captain, PCB announces squad for T20 matches ...08:14 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- China rejects US diplomat's 'negative propaganda' against CPEC ...08:01 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019