Chimpanzee escapes from zoo, caught after dramatic fall from electricity pole
The 24-year-old monkey named Cha Cha had climbed up on to the pole, while his keepers came up with a plan to rescue him.
As can be seen in the video included below, Cha Cha the chimpanzee wasn’t too keen on being caught and was baring his teeth and lunging at the rescuers as they attempted to recapture him, The Mirror reported.
While some tried to reach him in a cherry picker, others gathered with a large blanket in case he fell.
He was shot with a tranquiliser gun but managed to swing along the wire, before losing his grip and falling.
Zoo director Toshikatsu Ouchi apologised for the inconvenience caused to residents in a press conference.
A zoo spokesman said: "Despite the fall, he was unhurt and there is no threat to his life.
- PITB to automate Punjab Journalists Housing Foundation: Agreement ...08:45 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- UK removes Pakistan from its red list08:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand PM issues statement after Black Caps backing out of ...08:25 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Cricket world hits back at New Zealand for cancelling tour07:50 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Zameen.com signs on as sales and marketing partner for T Square in ...07:25 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021