I feel when one does come on-screen, it needs to be worthwhile: Sheheryar Munawar on his decision to become a producer
One may wonder why that is the case?
Having also co-produced 'Ho Mann Jahan' Sheheryar revealed insights to his decision, "Producing is different because as an actor, you wait for the scripts to come and then sometimes, due to budgetary constraints or vision differences, things don’t shape out the way you would’ve wanted them to. When you’re able to do your own project, you’re involved in every aspect of it. That’s the kind of control I enjoy."
When asked about if he'd still prefer to act along with producing, Sheheryar revealed, "If there are good acting assignments that come my way, I will take them up. What are the good films that have come out lately? Punjab Nahi Jaungi is Humayun (Saeed)’s production and he works for himself. Nabeel Qureshi’s stuck to Fahad (Mustafa). So apart from that, there’s nothing groundbreaking being made, it’s not that I’ve given up something remarkable that I was offered."
"Even for television, honestly, I haven’t gotten a script that’s appealed to me in ages. I’m just not getting interesting things to do (laughs). I’m not stupid, but I’ve become more careful after Project Ghazi and I feel when one does come on-screen, it needs to be worthwhile," Sheheryar added.
- PTI moves IHC against ECP's ruling on prohibited funding case02:10 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani rupee gains Rs2.54 against dollar in interbank market12:37 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Sadaf Kanwal, Shahroz Sabzwari welcome their first child09:24 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022