PML-N's manifesto to include plan of Bahawalpur, South Punjab province: Awais Leghari
Addressing a press conference, Leghari - who is himself a strong voice of South Punjab - said some of their colleagues from South Punjab resigned as lawmakers, adding that the PML-N would handle this sudden political stunt in a positive manner.
'PML-N has always dreamt of development in South Punjab,' declared the minister.
6 MNAs, two MPAs leave PML-N to pursue cause of ... 04:24 PM | 9 Apr, 2018
ISLAMABAD - In another devastating blow to the embattled Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz, as many as 8 legislators ...
Leghari claimed that his party not only passed resolutions pertaining to South Punjab but Bahawalpur as well, affirming that projects related to every sector including health, education, communications and irrigation were being completed in Southern Punjab.
The minister said that 37 percent of Punjab budget was spent on development projects in southern parts of the province.
"South Punjab has an annual budget of Rs206 billion," Leghari revealed.
He further said that Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif had stayed in South Punjab during devastation caused by massive floods in 2010.
The announcement comes on the heels of resignation by eight PML-N legislators hailing from South Punjab who parted ways with the party on Monday.
The defectors announced to launch a mass movement for making southern Punjab a separate province on the pretext that the region was being ignored by the leaders sitting in Lahore.
Addressing a press conference along with his fellows, one of the defectors, Khusro Bakhtiar expressed that there was a need for new provinces to decentralise power and authority.
Bakhtiar, who hails from Rahim Yar Khan and had won the 2013 elections from NA-194, mentioned that the aim of the group was to create South Punjab province and the new Mahaz would be headed by Balkh Shair Mazari.
During the press conference, a total of six MNAs and two MPAs including Balkh Shair Mazari, Tahir Bashir Cheema, Rana Muhammad Qasim Noon, Salim Ullah Chaudhry, Sardar Dareshak, Basit Bukhari and Tahir Iqbal decided to tender resignation.
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022