At least 3 killed in plane-helicopter collision near Mount Everest
According to media reports, the incident occurred when a small passenger plane skidded off the runaway and rammed into a parked helicopter during takeoff at the Lukla airport.
The co-pilot and a policeman died at the crash site, while another police officer died in a hospital in Kathmandu, whereas four passengers on board the plane remained unhurt.
The police teams reached the incident scene and coordinated efforts to avoid fire at the airport.
The Airport at Lukla is often referred to as the world's most dangerous because of the short runway and difficult approach.
- Pakistan hit by Covid vaccine shortage amid ‘lack of coordination, ...02:21 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- 'No jab, no job' – Sindh announces to fire public, private ...01:47 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Islamophobia rising in Canada as another 2 people held for ...01:18 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran shares a throwback childhood photo with family05:30 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021