Five policemen test positive for COVID-19 in Lahore
LAHORE - Five policemen performing duties in lockdown have tested positive for the coronavirus in the city as number of coronavirus cases surged to 5716 in Pakistan.
CCPO Lahore Zulafiqar Hameed confirming the news said that all the infected cops were posted at Naulakha police station.
Around 31 policemen were screened on the basis of suspicision while five of them diagnosed with the infection.
Hameed further said that released prisoners are being tracked and later on they are screened by the health department of Punjab.
The police personnel are in direct contact with the public as they are performing duties at roads, quarantince facilities and other places.
Pakistan reported 96 deaths due to the novel coronavirus while the total number of cases has swelled to 5,716.
In Punjab, after sharp increase in cases, the number of patients surged to 2,826 in the province.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020