Imran Khan to visit Iran, Saudi Arabia on first foreign visit as Pakistani PM
Imran Khan was offered a state visit of Iran, Saudi Arabia by the respective heads of state to which he had agreed, according to reports in local media.
Khan, chairman of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) political party, accepted Iranian President Hasan Rouhani’s invitation to visit Tehran. However, the visit will be finalised by the foreign ministries of the two countries after the PTI forms his government.
Imran Khan backs Erdogan as Turkey battles ... 01:44 PM | 14 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's Prime minister-in-waiting Imran Khan has expressed the hope that President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan ...
Imran Khan was also invited to Saudi Arabia by King Salman in a phone conversation between the two earlier this month.
He also had a telephonic conversation with Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, who called him today (Tuesday) to congratulate on his victory in July 25 polls. For his part, Khan expressed thanks to the Saudi prince for the congratulation, reasserting keenness to improve relations binding Pakistan and the kingdom, in all domains.
Khan, the leader of the PTI party, will take the oath of office on August 18.
The cricketer-turned-politician has announced readiness to play a constructive role to mend fences between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Tehran and Riyadh have been at loggerheads in recent years over a long list of differences, particularly their conflicting view on wars in Yemen and Syria, among others.
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan assures Sri Lanka of justice in Sialkot incident10:55 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Babar Azam on top after smashing most 50s and 100s in 202110:28 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Indian fighter jet's tyre stolen in Lucknow09:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Celebrities dazzle at James Bond-themed party in Karachi04:33 PM | 4 Dec, 2021