Pakistan announces Sitara-i-Quaid-i-Azam award for Turkish professor
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan on Friday announced Sitara-i-Quaid-i-Azam award for a Turkish scholar for his work to promote the Urdu language in Turkey.
President Arif Alvi announced the country's third-highest civil award for Prof Celal Soydan, who teaches at the Department of Urdu Language and Literature at Istanbul University, PTV reported on Saturday.
This came on the occasion of the 74th independence day of Pakistan.
Soydan will be conferred with the medal on March 23 next year on the occasion of Pakistan Day.
- GB Legislative Assembly elections to be held on November 1504:00 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Two Pakistani soldiers martyred in India firing at LoC03:52 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Tapsee Pannu defends Anurag Kashyap against sexual harassment ...03:43 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- 'Pakistan plans sending 100,000 skilled workers to Kuwait'03:24 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Khalid Ahmad wins Best Actor Award at Harlem International Film Fest02:27 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- You’re not exactly Mother Teresa: Shaniera Akram takes a dig at ...01:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020