Core commander attack case: SHC upholds death sentence of 9, acquitted two
KARACHI - The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Friday upheld the death sentence of nine suspects and acquitted two others in the core commander attack case.
In 2006, the convoy of the then Karachi core commander Ahsan Saleem was attacked in which six troops of Pakistan Army were martyred.
Later, an anti-terrorism court had awarded death sentence to 11 suspects. The convicts had challenged the verdict in the high court.
Today, the SHC upheld the death sentence of nine suspects named Attaur Rehman, Shehzad Bajwa, Danish Imam, Aziz Ahmad, Shehzad Mukhtar, Rao Khalid, Shoaib Siddiqui, Khalid and Khurram Saifullah.
The high court also acquitted the two named Yaqoob Saeed Khan and Najeebullah.
- Pakistan condemns Indian attempts to change demographic structure of ...03:17 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Senses leads World Autism Awareness Day02:21 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- For God’s sake, do not click pictures or make videos during your ...02:06 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019