Core commander attack case: SHC upholds death sentence of 9, acquitted two
KARACHI - The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Friday upheld the death sentence of nine suspects and acquitted two others in the core commander attack case.
In 2006, the convoy of the then Karachi core commander Ahsan Saleem was attacked in which six troops of Pakistan Army were martyred.
Later, an anti-terrorism court had awarded death sentence to 11 suspects. The convicts had challenged the verdict in the high court.
Today, the SHC upheld the death sentence of nine suspects named Attaur Rehman, Shehzad Bajwa, Danish Imam, Aziz Ahmad, Shehzad Mukhtar, Rao Khalid, Shoaib Siddiqui, Khalid and Khurram Saifullah.
The high court also acquitted the two named Yaqoob Saeed Khan and Najeebullah.
- PM Imran directs harnessing tourism potential to create business, job ...08:29 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- ‘Friends’ cast to reunite for exclusive HBO max special07:43 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019