Shalamar hospital organizes medical camp to celebrate International Epilepsy Day
LAHORE - Shalamar Hospital on Thursday organized a medical camp to celebrate International Epilepsy Day. In the medical camp, patients were informed regarding the reasons behind the Epilepsy disease and ways it could be prevented.
The International Epilepsy Day is celebrated every year in the second week of February to raise awareness of Epilepsy. It is a chronic non-communicable disease of the brain that affects around 50 million people worldwide. It is characterized by recurrent seizures, which are brief episodes of involuntary movement that may involve a part of the body or the entire body. It is sometimes accompanied by loss of consciousness and control of bowel or bladder function.
Seizure episodes are a result of excessive electrical discharges in a group of brain cells. Different parts of the brain can be the site of such discharges. Seizures can vary from the briefest lapses of attention or muscle jerks to severe and prolonged convulsions. Seizures can also vary in frequency, from less than 1 per year to several per day.
An exclusive lecture was organized in Ch Ahmed Saeed auditorium, where Prof Mujeeb Ur Rehman Abid Butt highlighted epilepsy, its causes, diagnosis and timely prevention. He told that people suffering from epilepsy may look normal but a sudden attack can change their life however when the intensity of epilepsy attack reduces, they return to their normal state. He also informed that the people suffering from epilepsy are recommended not to drive so that they do not put their life and the lives of others at risk. -PR
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020