COVID-19 to get worse if Govts fail to take more decisive action: warns WHO
GENEVA - World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that the coronavirus will get worse if governments fail to take more decisive action, adding that it was "unrealistic" to expect a vaccine to be found any time soon.
During a briefing in Geneva, WHO Director general Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that mixed messages from leaders are undermining public trust in attempts to bring the coronavirus under control.
WHO officials said Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said "too many countries [were] headed in the wrong direction”, and added that cases were rising where proven measures were not adopted or followed.
- 21 years of working would not have happened with just nepotism: ...03:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Navy promotes Cdre Muhammad Saleem to Rear Admiral02:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020